</3>
  • Photograph/ Morley von Sternberg
  • Photograph/ Morley von Sternberg
  • Photograph/ Morley von Sternberg

Paragon Transport Interchange

The Paragon Station Interchange is an integrated rail/bus facility, with passenger concourses for both modes housed beneath the vaulted roof of the refurbished Grade II* listed 1846 railway station operated by First Transpennine Express. The project is part of a wider retail-led redevelopment by ING Real Estate of land adjacent to the station, replacing a chaotic island bus station on the site of the new shopping centre. The interchange, developed in partnership with Hull City Council, Yorkshire Forward and Network Rail, and delivered by executive architects Holder Mathias, involved a complex and reconfiguration of the station and the surrounding public realm. The new bus station generates 280 bus movements per hour across 38 echelon stands for local services operated by East Yorkshire Motor Services, and 4 stands for long distance services operated by Stagecoach. 22 adjacent layover spaces are provided.

Date:
Completed 2002
Location:
Hull, UK
Client:
City of Kingston upon Hull
Type:
Theme:
SHARE THIS PAGE